We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dine with a one-year old?

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to dine with a one-year old?

We are going to HHI in April and we have a 1 year old. What are some really good places to eat that are "kid friendly"? I don't really mean that these places should have good food for kids or entertainment for them. I just mean places that have great food and would be appropriate to take a child.

I know there are some very nice places to eat in HH, but I don't know which ones will meet our needs. Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to dine with a one-year old?

Michelle, you can take a 1-year old anywhere on HHI....

Try the Salty Dog Cafe, you can sit outside and eat from the grill..

Harbour Town has several restaurants and the Greg Russell Show outside under the tree.

Old Oyster Factory is another place you would enjoy.

The Mexican restaurant in Shelter Cove. While in Shelter Cove, bring him to the free Shannon Tanner Show..a great kid-friendly performance.

All of these places have outdoor entertainment...

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
297 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to dine with a one-year old?

We have taken our 3 kids to every restaurant we wanted to eat at for the last 5 or 6 years and have never had a problem. Like you say, not always a kids menu, but if you're okay with it then I would go anywhere you like. We have never gotten so much as a sideways look. Of course if my kids act up I take them outside and diffuse the bomb. I think most restaurant owners realize people are on family vacations so it's not a big deal.

3. Re: Where to dine with a one-year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 28, 2009