We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dine with a one-year old?

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to dine with a one-year old?

We are going to HHI in April and we have a 1 year old. What are some really good places to eat that are "kid friendly"? I don't really mean that these places should have good food for kids or entertainment for them. I just mean places that have great food and would be appropriate to take a child.

I know there are some very nice places to eat in HH, but I don't know which ones will meet our needs. Thanks!

Hilton head
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to dine with a one-year old?

I live on Hilton Head. I would recommend a restaurant called Catch 22 on New Orleans Drive on the south end of Hilton Head. Although they do not have a children's menu they will make pasta, etc for children. They are upscale with excellent seafood and other dishes. I would suggest reservations.

Hemmingways at Palmetto Bay Marina has indoor and outdoor dining, I would recommend outdoor dining. More casual than Catch 22, varied menu. Nice view of Broad Creek and passing boats, outdoors allows children a little freedom.

Crazy Crab on Hwy 278, north end of the island has seafood, mostly fried type. There are always a lot of children there. I don't think the food is that great but a lot of people seem to like it.

I would avoid Hudson's which seems to appeal to the tourists and cater to children......food is not recommended. Locals don't go. I would avoid The Sage Room, Old Fort Pub, CQ's which are some of our top restaurants but not kid friendly.

I would suggest you pick up one of the free restaurant guides when you arrive. They list menus, etc with phone numbers.

B

CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to dine with a one-year old?

I like the Crazy Crab at the north end of the island as you can sit outside over the marsh and the view is lovely; the shrimp salad and seafood salad is great, and it comes with hush puppies. In addition, there is a sandy area and playground just below the outdoor terrace where you eat ; so, in case you need to move the little one around before, during, or after eating, you can slip down there.

3. Re: Where to dine with a one-year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head
Recent Conversations