We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelers rest

detroit michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Travelers rest

Visiting Greenville in October and looking to stay in Traveler's Rest. Bringing bikes so looking

to bike the swamp rabbit trail. How far from Greenville? Wanting to check out some of the state parks also. Will be in area for 6 days.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelers rest

I can't help with the Swamp Rabbit Trail - sorry. We were in that area a few weeks ago and met folks that were heading to DuPont State Forest (in NC, just over the border) for biking. Lots of bike trails there - lovely hikes to waterfalls, too. The three SC state parks in the area are all great. Ceasar's Head (on the way to DuPont State Forest), Table Rock and Jones Gap are pretty close together and have some great trails.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelers rest

Hampton Inn in Travelers Rest is right across the street from Swamp Rabbit. Nothing fancy, but good hotel. It is about 6 miles to downtown Greenville on trail. My son and I bike it all the time. Make sure and eat at Cafe at Williams Hardware in TR while you are there!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
71 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelers rest

Swamp rabbit trail runs from Downtown Greenville (near Cleveland Park) to Greenville hospital North Greenville campus in Travelers rest. If you stay in TR the Swamp rabbit runs right besides the main road. You can rent bikes from the Sunrift adventures in TR right on Swamp rabbit trail and ride to downtown - about 10-20 miles. remember it is slightly downhill so the way back will be slightly uphill.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
71 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelers rest

Paris Mountain state park is right off the SR trail. If you go a bit north from TR you can visit Table rock and Caesar head state parks.

detroit michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelers rest

Thanks for all the helpful information, looking forward to visit!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
71 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelers rest

Are you planning to stay with family / friends in TR or in a hotel. The tow hotels there are not that great. You are better off staying in downtown or East Side if you are staying in a hotel. Hope you are coming by car or renting a car since public transport is very sketchy in Greenville.

detroit michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelers rest

We actually have reserved a cottage at Magnolia Inn on Main street. We are driving and plan to visit many of the state parks along with Greenville area. Bringing bikes. Also planning to drive some of the Blue Ridge Parkway down to the Smokey Mountains on way home. Anymore info is gladly welcomed!

Greenville, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelers rest

If you have time to hit the south end of the Swamp Rabbit Trail, you may want to plan a stop at Lake Conestee Nature Park. It's more swamp than lake, but has some nice trails and would be nice in October.

http://conesteepark.com/

North Carolina
Level Contributor
87 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelers rest

Did you stay at a cottage at the Magnolia Inn? If so, please add your review to Tripadvisor. I am not associated with the establishment, but I am familiar with the depressing lack of nice accommodations in North Greenville. If you add your review, it would be helpful to the rest of us. Thanks. Hope you enjoyed the Upstate.

detroit michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelers rest

Will not be visiting till October but will definitely post a review on the Magnolia Inn afterwards.