We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Day Trip to Georgetown, SC - Is anything open?

Charleston, South...
3 posts
Save Topic
Sunday Day Trip to Georgetown, SC - Is anything open?

My husband & I are planning a day trip to Georgetown and are wondering if any of the shops, restaurants, etc will even be open on a Sunday. I found a downtown shopping directory online and not many places list hours of operation for Sundays. Worth the trip anyway or wait?

We live in Charleston, so we're just looking for a fun, day trip out of town.

thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Day Trip to Georgetown, SC - Is anything open?

Hey - Georgetown is a neat little place, we love it, but IMO you're better off to pick another day other than Sunday to visit. The businesses are family-owned, and while tourism is a major part of their clientele, they tend to keep things in perspective, and most of 'em take Sunday off. If you can arrange a visit on Saturday or during the week, between the shops, restaurants, museums, and architecture, it's a great place to spend some time.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Day Trip to Georgetown, SC - Is anything open?

Have you thought about heading the opposite direction to Beaufort? A great town just like Georgetown, but with a few more things open on Sunday. I agree though with PawleysDude... do go see Georgetown, just shoot for a Saturday.

Belmont...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Day Trip to Georgetown, SC - Is anything open?

http://www.historicgeorgetownsc.com/ is in the process of updating merchant hours but has been recently updated to show what merchants are open on Sunday. As the warmer weather approaches more merchants open on Sundays.

Georgetown, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Day Trip to Georgetown, SC - Is anything open?

Many of the restaurants are open on Sunday but close after lunch, around 2 or 230PM.

Reply to: Sunday Day Trip to Georgetown, SC - Is anything open?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Georgetown