We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked.. a few questions..

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just booked.. a few questions..

I booked last night, online. So haven't spoken with anyone yet. How do I get the aminitys card? I read on a seperate site that they were required before you arrive. I'm wondering if I need to call someone?

Also I saw that mopeds could be rented, is it the regular legal driving age or are younger ages allowed to drive a moped??

What about day trips off the island? Anywhere we should go or not miss??

Any other types and advice would be great! Haven't ever been and really know nothing at all about the area.

Thanks for any help.

TN
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked.. a few questions..

amenity cards depend on who you are renting through. If you are renting through the resort, you pick them up on arrival. If you are renting privately or through a management company, you just have to check their policies. Note though that if you rent from anyone outside the resort in order to get amenity cards the property owner must be a member of the resort. Cost right now is $50 a week if you get them through anyone outside the resort.

supposed to be 16 to drive mopeds or golf carts, and are supposed to have a license on you when you drive.

as for day trips, kind of depends on what you are looking for. there is good golf on the island, although cheaper is to go to the course at the USMC base on Parris Island, which is about a 25-30 minute drive. One of the best military courses, and open to the public.

Hunting Island state park is the island before you get to Fripp. Downtown Beaufort is good to take a look at. You can always drive into Savannah, which is typically about a 90 minute drive. Others may have to help you on the off island stuff, as I generally prefer just to hang out on the beach.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked.. a few questions..

If renting from the Fripp resort the check in is next to the entrance gate on the right. They will have car passes and amenity cards for you at the check in.

For others arrange entrance passes and amenity cards through the management company or owner. I don't rent our house, but we do let family and friends use it. I simply arrange for car passes for them through the FIPOA (you must be an owner) and for the amentiy cards through the Fripp resort.

Both Beaufort and Charleston are beautiful towns, 30 and 90 minutes respectively.

3. Re: Just booked.. a few questions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fripp Island