We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Folly Beach just banned alcohol for 60 days

Charleston
Level Contributor
468 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Folly Beach just banned alcohol for 60 days

On the beach. Not for the whole island.

Edited: 10:19 pm, July 10, 2012
Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Folly Beach just banned alcohol for 60 days

Yes!

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Folly Beach just banned alcohol for 60 days

Okay, here it is from a Folly Beach resident. This saturday morning was the first weekend day of the alcohol ban. I went to breakfast with my mother before dropping her off at the beauty salon and then off to work. The number of people gathering for breakfast was the same. A number of us watched traffic coming onto the beach: significantly decreased! Those with coolers full were not coming!. I dropped my mother off, went to work, got her 1.5 hours later--1130. Last week, this would be dangerous. Would I be able to make it back to work in 2 hours? It wasn't unusual for it to take me 1 hour to drive 3 miles. Today, no cars in line! It gets better--I got to my house which is a 5 minute walk to beach access, I had no cars parked on my property! I was actually able to park on my property! This will be the highlight of my weekend! Stopped and picked up a to go lunch, again, the same number of customers as always. Is this affecting business? So far, no. If anything, it should increase business as people come off the beach and want to have a burger and ONE beer. I am so proud of our city council for taking this huge step. For those who only were coming to Folly to drink on the beach, please try to get a refund and go elsewhere. This is the happiest I've been in 5 summers! Thank you Folly Beach government!

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Folly Beach just banned alcohol for 60 days

Okaly, so now we can shut down.

Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach