We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

Which Folly Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

I want to book a vacation rental near the Washout and am wondering what the nearest cross streets are to this area of beach.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

The Washout is the beach area along the narrow eastern part of Folly Beach island. There are no real cross streets in The Washout area. Scroll down on this link to see a labeled map indicating where The Washout is located - http://www.follybeach.com/islandmap.php

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

Thank you so much. That map is exactly what I was looking for:)

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

Please note there is very little beach at the Washout at high tide.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

How little? Will there still be a big enough area for playing in the sand? If not, how far down the beach would we have to go so that there is more sand?

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

No. I have not seen the washout at low tide since Hurrican Irene, but this is the surfing beach, so it is not a good playing in the sand area. You will have surfers daily in that area, so not a good area for children who want to play. I would go south, so you are closer to town. Consider a golf cart rental. It's really a fun way to drive around town.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

Lol! Surfing is one of the reason's we're going to be staying in that area. My husband and two son's surf. I watch and take pics while sipping on tea or bubbly, depending on the time of day:)

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

FYI: No glass, bottles, or cans allowed on the beach. Everything must be in a plastic cup. If you pour from your cooler, it must immediately go back into the cooler.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

In that case, I'll sip from the rear deck facing the ocean and arm my camera with a telephoto lens:)

Thanks for the heads up!

9. Re: Closest cross streets to "The Washout".

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach