We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Folly

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
New to Folly

Yay! My family has finally booked a condo at Folly Beach for June. We planned to come last summer but it didn't work out. We did drive around a bit during a trip to Charleston last year but didn't get to stay long.

Is there live music at the pier in the evenings during the summer? I've read quite a bit on this forum about what to do & see, but would still love to hear what others do at Folly Beach.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,256 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Folly

Here's a little info on activities at the pier, don't know if the exact dates are out yet...

charlestonlowcountry.com/specialpages/moonli…

We were just over on Folly over the weekend w/guests. We watched the surfers at the Washout and walked out to view the Morris Island Lighthouse.

You might consider a kayak trip, in the marsh, to see the dolphins, contact my friend Ralph...

www.kayakcharleston.net

We recently moved to the Charleston area, from the Columbus area, after visiting for almost 30 years (my parents retired here, now we've done the same, we're soooooo happy!).

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Folly

Thanks for all the great info - I check out the links. Congrats on living your dream :

Edited: 8:22 am, March 07, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Folly

Oh, and I just bought Born on the Edge by Michele Nutwell and The Pier by Bill Noel. I love reading books set in places I'm going or have been! Maybe they will hold me over until June.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Folly

Hi Sopranofreak, welcome to the neighborhood!

KB gave you great recs. I hope one of the "Shagging on the Pier" events occurs when you're here. It's really fun.

You might also want to get Dorothea Benton Frank's latest book, Folly Beach, to add to your reading list.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,256 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Folly

Got my Kindle up and running, waiting for Bill Noel's latest to be available!!! Both the BN and the DBF books are so much fun!!!

RQT
New Castle...
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Folly

Ghosts, a Folly novel, by Bill Noel is out if you have not read that one.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,256 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Folly

That's the one I'm waiting for, not available on Kindle yet!

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to Folly

There will virtually be bands playing at every bar on Center Street Friday and Saturday nights, as well as Sunday afternoons.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to Folly

That sounds great! Are most of the Center Street bars within walking distance to Charleston Oceanfront Villas? Not that we're alcoholics ;), but it would be nice to not worry about who is the driver for the night. Also will have our adult "kids" with us

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New to Folly

1/2 block. There is also Logerhead's located just across the street.

Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach