We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

firs ttime visit w/ lots of questions...

Which Folly Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
firs ttime visit w/ lots of questions...

have been to pawleys and hilton head plenty of times.

we are thinking of folly beach in august.

need to find a local map.

907 w ashley street property - anyone familiar w/ it?

where is local grocery?

thanksin advance.

RQT
New Castle...
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: firs ttime visit w/ lots of questions...

We stayed in that area over Thanksgiving...very nice with easy beach access at several points. We were in a second row house but most of the houses in that area will have an ocean view. You will see several grocery stores when you drive along Folly Road: Harris-Teeter's, Piggly Wiggly, Wal-mart, Food Lion. Wherever you go, sign up for their discount card. There is also a small store on Folly itself.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: firs ttime visit w/ lots of questions...

Are you familiar with google maps? It can really help, as can google earth.

Edited: 6:55 pm, May 24, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: firs ttime visit w/ lots of questions...

thanks for the tips

i did the google map.

i am just unfamiliar w/ the area. so wanted some input from people who have visited or are regular visitors.

any other tips?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
180 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: firs ttime visit w/ lots of questions...

Hi. We will be making our third trip to Folly in a week. I would be happy to help with specific questions, but the prior suggestions are good for grocery stores. There are some "beach town" restaurants on the island in the "downtown" area which we have enjoyed.

One of the reasons we enjoy it is that we can take day trips into Charleston (20 minutes) and be back at the beach whenever we wish. We just enjoy hanging out at the beach, have used the local grocery store when we needed something quick, a decent pizza place (Woodys), and a Crab Shack that was fun.

We have also done sailing tours from Charleston and are going to go kayaking this year.

You will have a nice laid back vacation, with options in Charleston whenever desired. Let me know if there is anything special you would like me to look up next week.

5. Re: firs ttime visit w/ lots of questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach