We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Folly Beach question

Which Folly Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Folly Beach question

We are looking to book a house for next summer at Folly Beach...there is a structure on the beach set back from the houses, we can see it when we google map the area. Can someone let me know what it is? It appears to block the view of the ocean in the 1700 block of East Ashley Avenue.

Thanks.

Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Folly Beach question

Nevermind I figured it out, thanks to all who posted info about Fred Holland Realty. They have a house listed that has a house directly in front of it on the beach...with some well-positioned pictures that makes it look like the house isn't there. Thank God for google maps.

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Folly Beach question

Do not rent from Fred Holland. I would suggest Avocet or Dunes West.

PA
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Folly Beach question

Why don't you recommend Fred Holland?

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,654 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Folly Beach question

Type "Fred Holland" in the search on Folly Beach forums. You can view some recent reviews.

Follylover27
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Folly Beach question

You should all remember most people who have enjoyable vacations do not waste time on the internet posting stuff everywhere. People who do this only have negative things to say. Fred Holland is a wonderful realty company & I will never rent with anyone else. They are very quick to help with anything they can & have a full maintenance crew available. They are much better about getting things fixed & taken care of than any other realty on Folly. I was renting a house down there with Holland when someone from Folly came in to ask if they could take care of a problem in an Avocet property that Avocet would not take care or even come look at! Avocet is a brand new realty & not very good at customer service! Stick with Fred Holland if you want to be taken care of!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,967 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Folly Beach question

Follylover27, I beg to differ...

Most of us who post on TA regularly are happy to share great vacations and adventures with others, that's why we do this, in hopes that our good fortune will be shared by others during their visits to new and different places.

I'd be careful w/some of your comments, looks as if you may be advertising for Fred Holland.

RQT
New Castle...
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Folly Beach question

I have to agree with Beth. We have vacationed on Folly for several years and loved it. As a matter of fact, I recommend Folly Beach to anyone who is looking for a beach vacation. During the summers we have vacationed on Folly, we have rented from several agencies including Fred Holland. The rental agents we talked to from Holland prior to our arrival were very kind; however, the house we rented left a lot to be desired in terms of cleanliness and lack of necessities such as light bulbs. We had to do our own cleaning and buy the light bulbs for the lamps. We did not receive any satisfaction when we got in touch with the Holland agency once we were actually at the beach. As a result of that experience, we felt we had no choice but to deal with one of the other rental agencies in town. I try not be be negative about places I have been, but I think it helps people who are looking for advice about vacation spots to know what other travelers have gone through.

Follylover27
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Folly Beach question

Each person who rents with any agency is going to have a different opinion of the agency. no matter where or who you rent with, you can have a bad experience. I'm not advertising for anyone, just telling how my experience with them was. I rented through Avocet & my experience with them was horrible. But every time I have rented with Holland, its been a great time & they fixed any problems I had. I'm sorry if i offended you with my 1st post, but I loved my stays with them.

9. Re: Folly Beach question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach