We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Fred Holland Realty

Which Folly Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TN
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question about Fred Holland Realty

Why does he or his company rather, make you pay half of the money up front. I don't understand that. I have always had to make a deposit but never half.

RQT
New Castle...
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Fred Holland Realty

I would pose this question to the realty company. Any place we have rented on Folly has asked for half the rental up front. I never thought much about it.

TN
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Fred Holland Realty

Really, I have never had to pay half before. It's not a problem I was just wandering.

sumter,sc
Level Contributor
263 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Fred Holland Realty

I had wondered the same thing....

But I paid it anyway....

My stay was pleasant... but I had to refluff the wet towels that were in the dryer.

I love Folly Beach. It just so "homey".

atlanta
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Fred Holland Realty

I don't know why, although we paid upfront and discovered that the oceanfront home we rented for a family reunion was filthy and in need of a major upgrade. The flooring, carpeting, mattresses, curtains were all in need of replacement. The dryer doesn't work and the bottom of your feet got black from walking around on the carpet. We had to put sheets on the sofas and floor so my 9 month old could crawl around. We definitely won't use them again.

Is there a place to complain about this? Fred Holland doesn't seem to care - they said you get what you pay for. I hardly think three grand for a week is a cheap price to pay for a dirty and shabby home.

We are writing the better business bureau as well but I want to make sure other families do not stay in this rental home, which by the way is owned by the second richest man in South Carolina. That's ironic.

5. Re: Question about Fred Holland Realty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach