We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Ridge Bay Point

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Ridge Bay Point

We have reservations for this August. But I am getting cold feet after reading the many bad reviews. I am also concerned because most of the reviews are older reviews. I would like an update on Bay Point. I am told that we are currently placed in a corner unit at Bay Point looking out at the Tidal Basin and some of the Sound. I was also told that it is a renovated unit. Any help from someone who has recently visited Ocean Ridge and most specifically Bay Point would be greatly appreciated.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Ridge Bay Point

Bay Point is the best part of Ocean Ridge. It's directly on the water. I have stayed there several times with a Fairfield timeshare owner - Bay Point is the only place at Edisto she'll take, because the other sections are landlocked. We were there last winter. I don't like the place, it's made out of plastic & etc, but there's something to be said for uniformity. When one unit gets a new cafe curtain, they all do.

If you like to drink your coffee or nightcap sitting on a little balcony watching/ listening to dolphins, you won't get closer than the Bay Point units.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Ridge Bay Point

Thank you so much. I feel much better hearing this. I appreciate your update.

Champion Pa.
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Ridge Bay Point

Hi I thought I would try to ease your thoughts on this matter.I have stayed at Bay Point twice and I have found it very nice.It is a great location on the Bay most units you have a view of the water from.It is a great place in the morning or evening to have a nice cup of coffee and watch the dolphins entertain you for free.Sometimes they put on a great show and you can get some great photos.I would also add at the point the sunsets are breath taking once again great photo ops.Once again that is free too.Hope this is of some help Be Blessed enjoy you stay Jim

4. Re: Ocean Ridge Bay Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Edisto Island