We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym Question - The Sequel

Which Edisto Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
257 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Gym Question - The Sequel

Does anyone know if Hollywood Health and Fitness on Highway 162 is still open. I will be staying on Edisto Island during December and our hotel does not have a very good gym. This was the closest one I found but when I call their number, no one picked up the phone.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,785 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Gym Question - The Sequel

If you've go a couple more days to spare, you might go ahead and come on out to Kiawah and do have your husband plan to golf, they do it all year round here!!!

Everyone bikes here, we have 10 miles of bikeable beach, plus 25+ miles of bike trails on the island. Kayaking is very popular all year round, as well.

Nice restaurants close-by and shopping at Freshfields, just off the island.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Gym Question - The Sequel

Course conditions dependent, people play golf all winter on Kiawah, sometimes bundled up under blankets in their golf carts. Even if hubby doesn't choose to play in November, he will probably enjoying visiting Kiawah and our infamous Ocean Course. Kiawah is a gated island; however, if you make a lunch reservation at The Ryder Cup Bar in The Ocean Course clubhouse, you will have driving access to the entire island, all the the way out to the far northeast end. Going or coming from The Ocean Course, be sure to visit the beautiful Sanctuary Hotel for a walk- through ... And maybe a drink in the lobby bar. The hotel will have lovely seasonal decorations, and you can see the ocean through the massive lobby windows.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Gym Question - The Sequel

Both Kiawahvilla and Kiawahbeth have been Kiawah people for decades! We will always tell you to come to Kiawah! LOL!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
257 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Gym Question - The Sequel

We will definitely have time since we will be visiting Edisto Island for 6 nights. We will definitely checkout your island. It looks beautiful, especially the Sanctuary Hotel. Although it will be mid-December when we arrive who knows how the weather will be since it is so unpredictable now. If it looks good, I will surprise my husband and book him a tee time at the Ocean Course. It looks spectacular. Thank you both so much for all your help and advice. You both are the reason that Trip Advisor Forums are so vital to travelers everywhere.

25. Re: Gym Question - The Sequel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Edisto Island