We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water in Sept and sharks teeth

Which Edisto Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MD
3 posts
Save Topic
water in Sept and sharks teeth

Hi! I am thinking about going to Edisto in the fall but would like to know if the water is comparable to the water on Topsail Island , NC. Is it warm and clear and is there a sound that is accessible for swimming? Also, are sharks teeth still able to be found on the beach? Thanks!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water in Sept and sharks teeth

The water temperature-wise might be a little warmer that at Topsail. I haven't been to Topsail in years so I can't really say for sure. September is usually a great time to visit, since school will have stated and it won't be as crowded. Just be sure to purchase trip insurance in case there's a hurricane. We haven't had one hit here since 1989, but September is high season.

Shark's teeth can still be found. Have a great time.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water in Sept and sharks teeth

Definitely warmer than Topsail; more quiet as well. September is a great time to visit. Fewer children; very laid back. We go quite often (Day trippers, or 1 night overnight..)

Neat Serpentarium-

http://www.edistoserpentarium.com/hours.cfm

3. Re: water in Sept and sharks teeth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:32 am, May 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Edisto Island