We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medical treatment

Which Edisto Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
medical treatment

We will be spending a week in Edisto in May and have a child with a peanut/tree nut allergy. Wondering how close the nearest hospital is to Edisto in case anything crops up while we are there?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: medical treatment

This may be the closest...

www.ropersaintfrancis.com/bssf/directions.asp

There's not much in the way of medical services once you leave Charleston proper. I have been to the ER at this hospital (going from Kiawah) on Christmas Eve several years ago. I looked for Urgent Care, as well and the closest I could find is what's on Kiawah, which would be about as close as the hospital coming from Edisto.

Why not give the fire department a call to find out for sure what services are available?

Edisto Beach Fire Dept

2414 Murray St

Edisto Island, SC 29438

(843) 869-2506

Chicago
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: medical treatment

Thanks for the information- I will do just that.

Beth

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
160 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: medical treatment

I believe the closest hospital would be in Charleston, but I don't know for sure. There are paramedics and doctors on Edisto Island though.

4. Re: medical treatment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Edisto Island