We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving at Edisto

kentucky
9 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving at Edisto

I am planning a trip to Edisto during the week of Thanksgiving. I've been there in the spring, summer and once in October, but never in November. Whats the weather like and is it crowded during Thanksgiving week? I loved it in October. I've rented Stone's Throw at 3124 Palmetto--anyone ever stayed there? Thanks for any information! Really am excited about getting to the beach.

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
527 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving at Edisto

It will probably be pretty quiet and peaceful with no crowds at all. The only times Edisto is what you could call "crowded" is during the summer.

It is hard to predict what the weather will be, especially this year (it was 91 here in Aiken yesterday & in the 80s at Edisto). I have seen Thanksgiving weeks with the temps in the 70s during the day; then again, I have seen weather that time of year that was very cold & windy. Best bet is to check a site like www.accuweather.com (my personal favorite) a few days before you come down. The water should be fairly chilly by that time, most likely in the mid to upper 60s.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
592 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving at Edisto

Hey,

I always spend Thanksgiving at the beach outside of Charleston. Each year is different, but they have all been enjoyable. We grill our turkey on the grill, and walk the beach no matter what the weather. The great thing is that if the weather is rainy and/or cold, you can head into Charleston on Friday for a museum or shopping. My Island is never too crowded at that time, but haven't driven over to Edisto during Thanksgiving. We also spend the week after Christmas thru New Years at the beach. Just being there anytime charges my soul! Have a great time! And Happy Thanksgiving early.

Oh, are you flying from Ky.?

3. Re: Thanksgiving at Edisto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Edisto Island