We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Bikes & Outfitter

Which Edisto Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laurens, sc
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Island Bikes & Outfitter

We travel to Edisto Beach every summer and so LOVE the island the people etc. I would rent a beach umbrella every year for a fee and never had any issues until this year. I rented an umbrella that looked like it had been through many renters as it was worn, had small holes, rusted etc. We took the rental anyway used it one day and then on day 2 went to put it up and a piece of the wood broke. We used the umbrella that day and went back to get a replacement. Thats when I realized they were going to charge me $100 for an umbrella I damaged. I was thinking I would drive back to the store and get another umbrella but that was NOT the case. After a long discussion with the Owner...she finally said she would only charge me $50 and get me another umbrella for the remainder of the week as I could not get a refund on the rental. I was not a happy customer nor did she treat me or my husband like we were the customers. I am sure she made her money and then some but she surely lost business from me, as we were getting ready to rent 5 bikes for the week at $35 a bike. DO NOT rent anything from Island Bikes & Outfitters you'll be sorry if you do. The way I see it - she losses as I will return to WONDERFUL Edisto Beach, and love every day of it without a rental from this place. She looses and I hope they go under. You dont treat people that way and not expect it to come back and haunt you! I paid a $100 for a broken beach umbrella. Go to Edisto Rentals if you need anything.

Lowell, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Bikes & Outfitter

I am glad I read your posting.... we are heading down to Edisto in two weeks, this will be our third visit... We always rent bikes and we cannot remember who we rented from, we had also been told on earlier visits there was one location you do not want to rent from... thank you for the information

Laurens, sc
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Bikes & Outfitter

I am so glad I could help! :-) I hope you have a wonderful trip. Check out Whaley's on the corner of Myrtle & Neptune Street (at the point)

Great food esp Chicken WIngs. We ordered take out as our house was directly across the street not sure of the service inside but the food was awesome! Let me know how yoru trip went.

united states
Level Contributor
1 post
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Bikes & Outfitter

I'm reading some older post but i just had to add to this one, it may be of help to someone. We have been to edisto the past 5 yrs. Our first year there we went into Island Bikes & Oufitters and they were hateful to us when we were asking bike prices etc. we said thanks and left without renting. we rent bikes every year from edisto essentials and they are always friendly, even came out and replaced a messed up bike we had gotten, no questions asked. A couple yrs. ago we even tried to shop at Island outfitters and to make a long story short a woman at the front desk accused me of trying to cut in line, hahaha it still makes me chuckle and blush from the embarrassment, but I'm never going to that store again.

4. Re: Island Bikes & Outfitter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Edisto Island