We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Army family

Warwick, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Army family

my boyfriends graduation is May 13 from fort jackson andhis mom and me are trying to get down there and i have no idea how to do any of this im a college student who is EXTREMELY low on cash and all these flights and hotels and car rentals are so confusing and REALLY expensive is there anyway to make sense of this trip planning stuff???

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Army family

Congratulations to your BF for his loyal contributions to our great nation. You can research Air Fares on Orbitz.com. I'm sure you will have to fly to Atlanta and change planes. Car rental is expensive. Rooms are expensive. When your BF graduates he will have time off for about two weeks. Get him to fly to your home and you can be together there for some time before he goes to his base. He will understand. Good luck.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Army family

I worked at Ft Jackson for 6 weeks. I stayed at Candlewood Suites off Garner's Ferry Rd: 921 Atlas Road, Columbia (803) 727-1299. It's not far from post. Each room has a full kitchen and the staff is really accommodating. Ask if they have a special rate for families. You may get a military rate if your BF reserves the room for you. The sites like Priceline and Expedia let you bid on rooms but you don't know exactly what you're getting and you can't change it once it's done. I think you might be better off calling the airlines, car rentals, and hotels directly and asking what they can do for you. Is there any way you two can drive down together?

Also call Army Community Services on post to get information on the logistics of graduation: 800-337-3445. You'll need to enter through the gate on Forest Hills Drive. It's not a large post and it's easy to find your way around. PM me if you need more assistance. Now back to Army Wives.

3. Re: Army family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 28, 2012