We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

totally last minute- need places to watch the game!

Which Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
totally last minute- need places to watch the game!

This is totally last minute, but we are headed to Columbia tomorrow (from Atlanta) to go to the Florida-USC game. We are staying at the Hilton (have read nothing but excellent reviews), and we need somewhere to go to watch the Georgia-Auburn game after our game is over. I know there is the bar at Ruth Chris in the hotel, but I am concerned that will be a little formal for our grubby (i.e. jeans and Gator spirit wear) appearance. Are there any sports bars or restaurants with tvs in walking distance? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: totally last minute- need places to watch the game!

There are a number of casual restaurants catering to the sports crowd in the Vista district within a mile or so from where you're staying.

Here's the Vista website with restaurant listings:

http://www.vistacolumbia.com/visitors.asp

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: totally last minute- need places to watch the game!

My favorite is Carolina Ale House - big outdoor 2nd floor patio to overlook the Vista, good food, lots of TVs. Wild Wings is across the street - both are on Lady Street, two streets over and a couple of blocks down from the Hilton.

Just down the street from the Hilton, on Lincoln Street, are several bars/restaurants. Liberty Taproom has a huge bar area with TVs and outdoor seating with TVs. Wild Hare is across the street - a little less nice but works if you're just looking for bar food and a TV.

Have a great time in Columbia!

3. Re: totally last minute- need places to watch the game!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Columbia