We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Transportation Options.

Nature Coast...
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Transportation Options.

Hi. My husband is working for 2 weeks in Columbia and I am coming along. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express off of Harbison. My husband will need the car during the day and I was wondering if there is any public transportation/taxi options available in Columbia. I would love to go spend a day at the zoo and I'm just trying to figure out if it is possible to get there.

Thanks for any input.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,183 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Transportation Options.

I'm not sure about the bus system there and what the routes are. Try this link

http://gocmrta.com/routes.asp

For a taxi, you would call a local cab company and they send a cab to your location to take you to the next destination. Vice Versa for return.

Nature Coast...
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Transportation Options.

Thank you. I don't know why I didn't come across that site when I was searching online. I was sure there would have to be sort of public transportation in Columbia. Now if I can just figure out the bus schedule (I'm from small town, not used to using buses), I won't be stuck in the hotel for 2 weeks.

Thanks again for your help!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,756 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Transportation Options.

The Holiday Inn should be able to help you figure out the bus schedule, or to provide information on alternatives. You also might check the weekly rate (usually much below the daily rate) on rental cars.

4. Re: Help with Transportation Options.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, November 24, 2009