We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Charleston

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Charleston

Hello! My little sister and her fiance have not done much traveling around the US and decided for their honeymoon they wanted to stay close to home (Missouri), but far enough away to see the ocean. They decided to select Charleston, SC.

They are getting married Apr 14 and will plan a week's trip out here. Any tips on where they should stay what they MUST see while they are here?

Thanks!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Charleston

If they want to see the ocean, they could spend the entire honeymoon at Folly Beach. There is a lovely waterfont Holiday Inn there. Is is a bohemian beach town and a lot of fun. If they travel to downtown charleston I would suggest a walk in Waterfont Park and a dinner at Cru Cafe or Meritage.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
142 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Charleston

Your lucky little sister! April is THE best month to vacation in my fair city! There are many lovely bed and breakfast/inns to choose from. A day trip to Magnolia Gardens would be beautiful. The azaleasa will be in full bloom then. It's about a 20 minute drive from the downtown area. We have tons of fabulous restaurants too. For fine dining: Anson, Peninsula Grill, Grill 225, and High Cotton are some of my favorites. For dining in a more relaxed atmosphere: Meritage has a great tapas menu, Basil is super for Thai, and one can never go wrong at Joseph's for brunch or lunch. Depending on their ages or interests other suggestions will be forthcoming...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Charleston

That is wonderful information! They are 22 years old, but they don't drink, so clubbing or bar hopping would not be on their agenda. The gardens sounds like a great idea! Any particular B&B's that you'd recommend?

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
1,151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Charleston

spend a day pedi cabbing from breakfast until lunch sight seeing. it's wonderful.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
142 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Charleston

Downtown inns and b&bs will be quite pricey in April. They may want to spend time in outlying areas and then have 1 or 2 "splurge" nights downtown. I've stayed at Vendue Inn several times and loved it. Each room is decorated differently and the full southern breakfast in the dining room is fabulous. (be sure to tell them to request the main inn...it's more expensive, but the rooms are much nicer. I've stayed at the French Quarter Inn and Charleston Place too. FQI is fine, but I wasn't thrilled. Sparsely decorated rooms without a view to speak of. Charleston Place rooms are nice, but it is a large hotel. (No B&B qualities here.) My sister just stayed at the Market Pavillion and said it was lovely too. Hope this helps!

6. Re: Honeymoon in Charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 27, 2009