We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
14 helpful votes
FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

My husband is taking me to Charleston for my 30th birthday and I am so excited because I've heard such wonderful things about the city and the food. We have plans for a few nights, but want to make sure we make it to some of the well known places as well. If we could only make it to two of the four, which would you suggest? We have no preference on the type of food, although looking at the menus they all seem relatively similar. I also heard that Husk and SNOB might be good for lunch? Price is not an issue - we're just looking for a great experience and great food. Would love any other suggestions as well, but those seemed to be the four that appealed to me the most. Also, any suggestions on particular dishes that you can't miss would be great! Thanks for any help!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,528 posts
12 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

Yes, do SNOB and Husk for lunch, then you can do the others for dinner.

Here's another, evidently not on your radar...look into Macintosh, our current fave.

Do make reservations for both lunch and dinner, if possible.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
14 helpful votes
2. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

Ah, yes! Thank you for the suggestion. I have the Macintosh down for happy hour, but forgot to look at their dinner menu. Thank you!!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,550 posts
51 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

LOVE McIntosh!! FIG and Charleston Grill are not open for lunch, nor is McIntosh.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
4. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

Charleston Grill is usually my first choice for a special occasion dinner. Snob is nice for lunch, and I personally think both Husk and Fig are overrated, but obviously other people don't feel that way. Happy birthday!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,550 posts
51 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

I think Husk is seriously overrated and I never suggest it ~ but all the same, many people love it. I personally would choose Peninsula Grill over Charleston Grill. I like both quite a bit, but for my taste Peninsula seems to always get the upper hand. Charleston Grill seems stodgy to me for some reason. But alas...... it is all a matter of opinion and we don't all like the same things.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
6. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

Yep Endo, no doubt why we all like to chime in, to give a broad perspective, not to try and change minds. I suspect they know and like you at Peninsula Grill, adding to your experience, as they do at Charleston Grill making me feel welcome and comfortable. Cheers!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,550 posts
51 reviews
32 helpful votes
7. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

For at least a year or so McIntosh has been our favorite and even tho we don't go in all that often (varies anywhere from 4-8 weeks probably) many of the staff remember us and say hello, etc. Last time they even gave us 2 complimentary glasses of wine, which we thought was super nice and such a surprise. :-)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
8. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

Also that's the sign of a good restaurant - when they retain their staff over the long haul and those folks will recognize regulars. It is somewhat of a disappointment to me when I go to places frequently and the faces are always new: "Is this your 1st time dining with us?" To me it means the place doesn't necessarily treat their workers right.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
14 helpful votes
9. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I also heard good things about Magnolias? The menu looked pretty good and reasonably priced! There are just so many great choices :)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
10. Re: FIG, Husk, SNOB, Charleston Grill -- which two?

Magnolias is very good, and I think open for lunch too. Magnolias and Snob are probably the most similar to each other, foodwise, of the places mentioned.