We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citidel & Riverdogs combined

New Jersey
Level Contributor
89 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Citidel & Riverdogs combined

On Friday 4/24 the Citidel has a Parade @ 3:45pm. We are staying in the historic district without a car. Is the best way to get there a taxi? The Riverdogs stadium opens at 6:00pm. Can we walk safely from the Citadel to the stadium?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Citidel & Riverdogs combined

The City Bus (CARTA) Route 20 stops right beside The Citadel's front gate. Service every half-hour, trip takes 1/2 hour from the stop in front of City Hall at Broad & Meeting Street. A taxi trip might be faster, but if you call a cab in Charleston it could be more than a half-hour before it even shows up.

ridecarta.com/riding-carta/…routes-schedules

You can walk from The Citadel to Joe Riley Stadium very safely.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Citidel & Riverdogs combined

You'll have a great time at both, the parade and the ball game!

Enjoy!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
89 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Citidel & Riverdogs combined

Thank you for your fast reply. I was wondering about using the CARTA and you answered that question as well.

Looking forward to visiting soon.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
7 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Citidel & Riverdogs combined

Seriously, you'll enjoy both. And if you like interesting ballpark food, you'll like the choices at "The Joe". Yes, the beer milkshakes are pretty good. Trust me on this. If you haven't already bought your tickets for the game, get them on the first base side. The sun will be in your eyes if you sit on the third base side. Also, stick around for the fireworks after the game. I would suggest taking a cab back to your hotel after the game. The Citadel/The Joe are on the edge of a "rough" neighborhood. During the day the neighborhood is fine. Wandering too far afield might be an issue after dark. If you can't find a cab at the ballpark after the game, walk the equivalent of two blocks to the tall yellow Marriott hotel (very visible from the entrance to the ballpark and a safe walk to get to). You certainly can get a cab from there. If there isn't one waiting outside the hotel when you get there, I'm sure the hotel staff can help you get one.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
89 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Citidel & Riverdogs combined

Thank you for all the information. I've been wondering about those beer milkshakes, will try it for sure. I understand about after dark & wandering the wrong direction. Heading toward the Marriott makes sense.

6. Re: Citidel & Riverdogs combined

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 17, 2016