We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best things to do in Charleston

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Placid, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
best things to do in Charleston

My wife and I are going to Charleston mid September...what are the #1 must do's in old Charleston ?

Seymour, TN
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: best things to do in Charleston

My husband and I were there 5 years ago for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. We are thinking of going back again this year to celebrate our anniversary in Oct. The Market was enjoyable...an outdoor area where vendors sell a variety of items...and lots of other quaint shops all around in that same area. We also splurged and took a horse and buggy ride which gave us some of the history of the area. We did a walking tour of Charleston which was going on at the time, but we were very tired by the end of it all.....wear comfortable shoes if you do anything like it! We went to Calhoun Mansion, Boone Hall, and Magnolia Plantation.....the best of which was Magnolia Plantation. Make sure you do the swamp tour and walk the bridge over the swamp. Go to the Battery and make sure you see Rainbow Row! Fort Sumter is a must see as well. We didn't have time to go to Middleton Place, but I hear it is wonderful. Well, hope you have fun! If you have any questions about restaurants or anything at all, feel free to e-mail me at info@hattoncd..com. We are having some difficulty with our e-mail lately, so hopefully I will respond. Michelle Hatton

2. Re: best things to do in Charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 23, 2009