We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market Pavilion good choice for relaxation in the sun?

Galway
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Topic
Market Pavilion good choice for relaxation in the sun?

Hi.

Myself and my oh will be in Charleston for 4 nights around late May/early June timeframe.

This is part of a two week trip so while we are here we would like to have some relaxation in the sunshine.

My oh likes to lie out in the sun and do some sunbathing. Would the market pavilion be a good choice of hotel for this?i understand they have a rooftop area with a pool.

Is this a good place for lying out in the sun in the daytime or is it more of a place that people come to eat and drink?

Is there another hotel that would be a better choice?

Thanks in advance for any help

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,509 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market Pavilion good choice for relaxation in the sun?

The roof top pool is located in their open air bar. It would not be my choice for trying to relax and enjoy the sun. Pools in the historic district are often non-existent or small, due to space constrictions. Take a look at the pool at Charleston Place.

There are 3 local beaches a short 20 min drive away. The Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island and Folly Beach.

Edited: 3:28 pm, March 06, 2014
Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market Pavilion good choice for relaxation in the sun?

Endo is absolutely correct. While the Market Pavilion is a lovely hotel, the rooftop pool is small and surrounded by tables for patrons of the bar. It is definitely not a quiet, relaxing place.

Galway
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Market Pavilion good choice for relaxation in the sun?

Thanks for the replies so far guys. Charleston Place does look very nice actually.

Would you guys have any other recommendations in the historic district?

The hotel does not have to have a pool at all - I guess what we're looking for is a nice area to sunbathe for my girlfriend more than anything (she can't even swim :-) but I like the odd dip in the pool myself)

That could be just a balcony/sun terrace area or an area with a pool I don't really mind.

I'll have a look myself in the meantime but it's always good to get some local insider knowledge.

Thanks again

4. Re: Market Pavilion good choice for relaxation in the sun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, March 08, 2015