We are 2 or 3 couples with 2 toddlers looking to rent a house for a week or so in August in the Charleston area. I don't know anything about the area and searching on the web seems daunting as there are literally thousands of options, and I don't know where to begin. I would appreciate it if someone can help me narrow things down, at least to a good area.
We are after the following in terms of a rental house and area:
- a special place - not a condo or townhouse or something that's part of a uniform development
- southern charm, nice architecture, a garden, a shady patio
- a pool for lazy days and active days with the toddlers
- in a neighborhood near a a nice, kid-friendly beach - ideally 5-10 walk
- easy access to downtown Charleston for lunches, dinner, shopping or other non-outdoor activities
Is there likely to be such a place? If so, how can I find it without sifting through vrbo.com?