We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dock Street Theatre

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dock Street Theatre

Hi all.

I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to anything related to the arts, so please forgive me if my quesiton is silly. Is there any sort of dress code when attending a Saturday night performance at Dock Street? An how long do those last, roughly? Was thinking about surprising my wife with tickets when we're in town in a couple weeks. Thought she may enjoy it for something different.

Thanks in advance.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,688 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dock Street Theatre

Every performance has a different run time. You can find out from the theatre or the presenting organization how long it will last, how many intermissions, etc. You should also check the offerings for other theatres in town to choose a show that seems best for your tastes.

Whatever you would wear to go to dinner will be fine for attending the Dock Street. If it's opening nite or a gala, there will be some lavishly dressed folk, but most people will wear "school clothes" if not "church clothes."

2. Re: Dock Street Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, March 01, 2015