We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Christmas Day-Dinner options

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving Christmas Day-Dinner options

My family of four will be driving up to visit Charleston for the first time on Christmas Day from Tampa. I know that there are restaurants that are open and offer Christmas dinner however we don't need Christmas dinner. We will need to eat. Here in Tampa many Chinese/Thai/ and other ethnic food restaurants are open on Christmas day. Are there any in Charleston that are recommended? We are happy to do take out or pick up a pizza and take it back to our hotel. We will have our car so distance isn't an issue and we are staying at the Hampton Inn in the Historic District.

Thanks in advance for your help. We are really looking forward to our visit.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving Christmas Day-Dinner options

Taste of Thai in West Ashley is open on Christmas - I usually pick up some Pad See Ew to fortify myself before the obligatory "Christmas dinner at the Grandparents". It's in a strip mall across the street from Citadel Mall and is always pretty full and nicely decorated - last year even had a Christmas Tree up.

If you're downtown and don't have a car, Peking Gourmet on upper King is usually open - my boss and his family have eaten there for the past 3 years. It's pretty basic looking - if it was me and the weather was nice, I'd get it to go and sit on the benches or have a picnic in Marion Square Park and look at the decorations.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving Christmas Day-Dinner options

Thank yo so much. This was very helpful

3. Re: Arriving Christmas Day-Dinner options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2014