We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why are all the downtown hotels so expensive?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fayetteville, North...
Level Contributor
255 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Why are all the downtown hotels so expensive?

We were wanting to go to Charleston SC in November and wanted to stay downtown near the action but the hotels are stupid expensive!!!! Are there not any hotels under 70 dollars a night in that area? I want to be within walking distance of the nightlife. Its crazy you can stay 2 or 3 nights at Myrtle Beach right now for the price of 1 in Charleston. thanks

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Why are all the downtown hotels so expensive?

Thank you! My husband and I often stay in Hampton Inns when traveling. We have found that the newer Hamptons, like the one in West Ashley, are particularly well-designed for quiet and comfort. I agree that the West Ashley Hampton Inn is extremely well-located for anyone with a car. Also, I'm sure the included breakfast was very much appreciated in this location, where there are no "walk to" restaurants or convenience stores nearby.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
117 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Why are all the downtown hotels so expensive?

And just to chime in....My friends and I have not had luck getting cabs from downtown at "closing time." As someone mentioned, they do not drive around looking for fares at 2:00 like you'd think. My friends once waited 2+hours for a cab. So if you do decide to go that route, plan ahead with the name/number of a service or make other arrangements.

33. Re: Why are all the downtown hotels so expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 03, 2014