We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner

Level Contributor
261 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
dinner

I see a lot of posts on needing dinner reservations. I will be in town on a Weds in Sept. I don't need fancy just good. We like great atmosphere, maybe a pub. Any suggestions? We are staying at the Indigo Inn. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Indigo Inn
Indigo Inn
1,080 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Halls Chophouse
$$$$, American, Steakhouse
Charleston Grill
$$$$, American, Contemporary
Swig & Swine
$$ - $$$, American, Bar, Barbecue
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner

If you want to play it by ear, you'll find some good spots near Indigo Inn. The closest are Hyman's and Sticky Fingers. Don't go to those places. Walk a block over to King Street and see what you like. King Street is lined with restaurants.

Muse (Society Street) is all about comfortable atmosphere and great food. Toast (Meeting Street at Cumberland) is very good, very unfancy. FIG (Meeting Street) is a block from Indigo Inn, believe me it's your best choice and you might get lucky without a reservation.

Mentioned in this post
Indigo Inn
Indigo Inn
1,080 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Sticky Fingers
Sticky Fingers
1,323 Reviews
Charleston, SC
The Meeting Street Inn
The Meeting Street Inn
854 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,546 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner

Agree with everything he said. (haha, which does not happen often :-D)

Level Contributor
261 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner

thank you!!!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dinner

The Blind Tiger is a pub on Broad Street that has decent food. I shouldn't tell you this because it's one of my favorite tricks, but you can ask for a table in the bar area at McCrady's and order from their bar snacks menu, which is outstanding. The upstairs bar area at Cypress is also beautiful and they have a bar menu. You probably wouldn't feel very comfortable in either of those unless you're in business casual clothes, though.

Avoid anything in the City Market area plus most of Meeting Street. Eli's Table near the corner of Meeting and Queen is a notable exception.

Mentioned in this post
McCrady's Tavern
McCrady's Tavern
1,112 Reviews
Charleston, SC
The Meeting Street Inn
The Meeting Street Inn
854 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Eli's Table
Eli's Table
2,486 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dinner

Check out:

The Griffon on Vendue Range -- great pub. Known for Fish and Chips

Anson's -- Great Upscale Southern

Cru Cafe-- favorite spot for lunch-- def need a reservation there

Mentioned in this post
Griffon
Griffon
578 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Cru Cafe
Cru Cafe
2,609 Reviews
Charleston, SC
6. Re: dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 05, 2014