We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

We are spending a few days in Charleston and would like to take a carriage walking tour combo. Any suggestions? If it rains what tours would be best?

Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

Resubmit

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

For the walking tour, it really depends on your specific interests. Charleston has tours that cover just about every interest.

For rainy day activities, there are several museum homes, art galleries, historic buildings, etc.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,800 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

I'm guessing that you're not getting any responses because we're not knowledgeable about any carriage tour combos.

Take any of the carriage tours, they're all comparable, but you're going to have to do some research on walking tours to find what seems to be your best fit.

We liked Ed Grimball.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,530 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

To my knowledge there are no tours in which you walk some and ride in a carriage some ~ it that is what you were asking about.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

We just returned from Charleston on Tuesday and did both types of tours but reserved them separately. We used The Palmetto Carriage Company our first day and Charleston Sole (walking tour) the next day. Both complimented each other very well. Brian with Charleston Sole was a fantastic tour guide with a wealth of knowledge and took us into locations that we could see first hand. I was very pleased with both companies.

As far as rainy weather goes...just plan on it. In the south, scattered showers is the normal forcast to be expected. On a normal day it only lasts a short while and then you continue on with what you are doing. I usually have a umbrella handy. It was perfect weather for our carriage ride but the walking tour we had a short shower that lasted 10 minutes. We just took cover under a piazza and Brian just spoke more about the history of the houses and the people around us. Now on the other hand, the carriages driving by us were getting soaked. Sit in the middle of the carriage if you can.

Regards

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

For walking Ed Grimball or Denny Stiles.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

I second the recommendation for Brian with Charleston Sole Walking Tours. He operates Rain or Shine!

8. Re: Which is the best carriage/ walking tour of Charleston ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 01, 2014