We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magnolias and SNOB

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Magnolias and SNOB

If you were going to choose one for lunch and one for dinner, what would the verdict be?

Atmosphere is big for me, personally. I like a nice night out.

I currently have reservations as both for dinner, but I'm going to change one night to FIG.

Which one am I missing out on if I don't go for dinner instead of lunch?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magnolias and SNOB

I'd go to SNOB for lunch and Magnolias for dinner.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,204 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magnolias and SNOB

That's hard. I would probably choose Magnolia's for dinner ~ just b/c it is a little larger, tables in SNOB are very close together. (not that those in Magnolia's are miles apart!) SNOB also has great lunch specials. Don't cancel one of your reservations until you get one at FIG, it can be very difficult to get one there. They only accept reservations a max of 30 days in advance and they go fast.

Edited: 4:02 pm, July 18, 2013
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magnolias and SNOB

I was thinking I remembered you guys saying SNOB is better for lunch. So you think the atmosphere is good at Magnolias in the evenings then? SNOB looked a little "warmer" in photos.

Honestly, the lunch menu at SNOB is a little more appealing to me than their dinner menu for some reason.

Thanks for the advice. I won't cancel anything until I have it all set.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magnolias and SNOB

I would do SNOB for lunch and Magnolias for dinner.

Mandeville, LA
Level Contributor
466 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magnolias and SNOB

I think that you will be happy with either choice- I usually do SNOB for lunch simply because it is a great value and then I fit in other places that I like or want to try for dinner. Tables are often tight at many of the best dining locations. Of these 3- all of which are fabulous- I agree with the others- SNOB for lunch and FIG and Magnolias for dinner. Once you have secured your reservations, be sure to go back and cancel any that you are not going to honor to free up tables for others. On my most recent trip, I overheard the staff in one restaurant mention that visitors often double book and then fail to cancel their rule-outs which throws the restaurant off for the night and results in others not getting a table for the evening.

Sidenote and plug for Charleston restaurants: We had dinner at a well-known restaurant in New Orleans last night and had hoped to have a special night with out of town friends. We were so disappointed in the service and quality of food (not what you want with a tab of $350 +) and commented on the ride home how much better satisfied we were with our repeated dining experiences in Charleston which generally includes SNOB and with advanced planning- FIG. Enjoy!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magnolias and SNOB

Wow, JSCUB. That is a great endorsememnt.

I agree. The lunches at SNOB are always a good value. I think you'll be happy with that plan. FIG is not to be missed.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magnolias and SNOB

Thanks so much everyone. I would most DEFINITELY cancel any reservations we won't be using. Can't believe how inconsiderate people can be!

8. Re: Magnolias and SNOB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 21, 2014