We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocktails and apps in HD?

Brunswick, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Cocktails and apps in HD?

Hello! We'll be staying (party of 4) at the Mills House this Saturday and walking to nearby spots. We plan on Burwells first as I liked their cocktail selections. We like fine dining AND fun gastropubs. We' d like to visit several spots. Any suggestions?

Charleston
Level Contributor
565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocktails and apps in HD?

From Burwell's you can hit Gin Joint, Social, rooftop bar at Market Pavilion, upstairs bar at Cypress and several other fine dining restaurants that allow bar seating all on East Bay Street. Head down Queen Street on your way back to the Mills House and try the Bar at Husk, especially if you are a bourbon drinker.

I don't think any of these places have happy hour specials on Saturdays, but usually have a bar menu for tapas-type items.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocktails and apps in HD?

Gin joint is a pretty awesome place.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocktails and apps in HD?

Another vote for Gin Joint.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
30 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocktails and apps in HD?

Squeeze is a nice place for unique cocktails as well. However, I love Gin Joint too. The Griffon is a quaint little British pub. Social Wine bar has apps, Magnolia's and Slightly North of Broad are great places to have dinner. 39 Rue de Jean has sushi and has a pretty interior space (however, a little far of a walk). Best piece of advice I can give you...make sure you make a dinner reservation wherever you plan to go or else you will never get dinner! Hope this helps!

Charleston
Level Contributor
565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocktails and apps in HD?

FYI - Squeeze is still closed after the fire three months ago.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
30 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocktails and apps in HD?

Ooh, thanks for letting me know strija01

7. Re: Cocktails and apps in HD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 05, 2014