We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

Fayetteville, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

My husband and I will be in Charleston this weekend to celebrate 14 years of marriage. We would like to find a romantic place to dine, but not the most pricey. Mid-scale fine dining at its best, somewhere in the historic area. Any suggestions? A place where we will get good service, delicious food, romatic atmosphere, without spending $50 on one entree! I read such good things about Peninsula Grill, but that is a little too expensive for our weekend budget.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

Look at Il Cortile del Re or 82 Queen Street.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,524 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

This weekend is very short notice to get a reservation, our restaurants often book up weeks in advance. Have you considered SNOB (Slightly North of Broad)?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

Tomorrow is our 26th - we considered downtown, but decided to try the new Brazilian Steakhouse in North Charleston - Cowboy. I'm looking forward to it and will write a review.

http://www.cowboybraziliansteakhouse.com/

Congrats to you and your hubby!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,408 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

I'd agree, 82 Queen for romantic. SNOB is great, but I wouldn't consider romantic.

Try one beverage at the Rooftop Bar at Market Pavillion.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

If you go to 82 Queen, try to eat in the courtyard.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

Halls Chophouse downtown Charleston~wonderful place for dinner & we love SNOB~Planter's Inn also

We live in Beaufort,SC & love these places, & I'm sure there are many more wonderful places. Love to stay at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island, too.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

We celebrated our 25th last year at Hall's - impeccable. We really enjoyed it!

Unfortunately, our dinner budget won't support hitting there again - It was a good bit over $200 just for the two of us, and it's difficult to justify spending that on a meal, no matter how special it is.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

And Charleston Grill & Tristan!

9. Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 09, 2014