We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Webster, New York
Level Contributor
272 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Rehearsal Dinner ideas

My son is getting married at the Doubletree near the Market on 12/29/13. I am looking for a restaurant to have the rehearsal dinner on 12/28/13 for about 30-35 people within walking distance of the Doubletree. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Webster, New York
Level Contributor
272 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Sorry I've been out of town for a few days and unable respond. I actually found a place that meets all our needs. We decided on Southend Brewery. It's just a short walk from the hotel. We booked the 3rd floor. We will be hosting the rehearsal dinner for approx 40, then inviting all the wedding guests (approx 125) to join us after that for a welcome cocktail hour with desserts. I recently found out that a friend did the same thing for her rehearsal dinner there and couldn't stop raving about it. They have been wonderful to work with so far. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and ideas. This is why I just love TripAdvisor!!!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Now, why didn't we think of that??? LOL!

Sounds like a perfect evening! Well done.

Edited: 11:59 am, January 24, 2013
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,578 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Wow, would have never thought of them.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Thanks for letting us know!

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

I would like to know how the rehearsal dinner turned out at Southend Brewery. I am looking for a venue and liked this idea.

Webster, New York
Level Contributor
272 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

We are back from my son's wedding. It was a wonderful time. I want to report back on the rehearsal dinner and welcome party that we hosted at the Southend Brewery. We had dinner for 28 and then moved on to a desert cocktail party for the the remaining 70 people that attended my son's wedding. I can not say enough wonderful things about Southend Brewery and their coordinator Jana Hodge. We had the parties on the 3rd floor. I brought in centerpieces, but they had it decorated wonderfully. It was so festive. I m so glad that we trusted our special event to Southend Brewery. I had so many compliments from the food, service and location. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Thanks for the info about Southend Brewery. It's a very convenient location, and I'll remember it next time somebody asks about private party spaces.

28. Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 06, 2015