We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years 2013

bq
Albany, Georgia
Level Contributor
590 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
New Years 2013

We will be visiting Charleston for the first time 12/30/12 thru 1/1/13. We are young 60 yr olds! We are staying at the King Charles Inn. I know there are many great restaurants in Charleston and have made a reservation at High Cotton for our NYE dinner.

I am thinking we will just wing the rest of our visit, but is there anything in particular going on for New Years that you local experts know about?

Thanks.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years 2013

I've been scanning the web the past few days and haven't found anything specific. I will say that you have nothing to worry about, as there is always something going on. There are tons of resident Charlestonians on this forum (obviously) that may be more in the know than myself. I'm heading up there this weekend, and if I see any flyers advertising New Years festivities, I'll let you know.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years 2013

It's a little early, but this site had a good list last year:

http://www.charlestoncocktail.com/

Also, the Charleston City Papaer will list events closer to the end of the year.

Mt Pleasant, SC
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years 2013

the CityPaper is our weekly paper with all the happenings listed. They usually do a cover story on NYE options late November, early December. Check their web site too.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years 2013

We are headed up there for the first time as well, for the week of New Years and staying at the Doubletree. Would love information not only for New Year's Eve but for the absolute must-do's! We are foodies for sure, in our 30s/40s, no kids. We are very excited! What would be a good choice for New Years dinner? Going to make reservations at the Peninsula Grill but thinking we should do that one on a "normal" night...

Charleston, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years 2013

Platinumballcharleston.com

Charleston, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years 2013

www.facebook.com/l.php…

7. Re: New Years 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 02, 2013