We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

montreal
Level Contributor
522 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

I see that Palmetto Carriage does combo tours-in addition to the carriage tour they also offer a harbor cruise-is it a good idea to do it with them or take a separate harbor cruise???

Should I book in advance?

many thanks

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

You save about $5 with the combo ticket. The harbor tour is actually with Charleston Harbor Tours.

montreal
Level Contributor
522 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

it says you go on the "carolina Belle"??

is it a good idea to book in advance which Palmetto suggests?

thanks

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

If you plan to do both tours in one day, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make reservations, so you'll know that you have plenty of time to get from the carriage tour barn to the dock.

The Carolina Belle is one of Charleston Harbor Tour's boats. Here's link to their website. http://www.charlestonharbortours.com/

montreal
Level Contributor
522 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

so I may as well book with Palmetto since they do both. Hopefully it doesn't rain

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

you should be able to get away with booking just a couple of days in advance, so you might want to wait a little to see what the weather will be. On the upside, October is the driest month of the year, so hopefully, the weather will cooperate!

montreal
Level Contributor
522 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

thank you; on Palmetto's website they say they are always sold out-I wonder if this is so?

montreal
Level Contributor
522 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

I was just wondering that since I will take a carriage tour,is it necessary then to take the walking tours either Grimballs or charleston footprints as well or are they doing the same thing with the carriage tour?????

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

I doubt that Palmetto will be sold out this time of year, but I would get tix a day or two in advance.

The walking tours are longer and more in-depth, so it really depends on just how much history that you want. The carriage tours are one hour. Route is determined by lottery. It's most likely that you will see and hear things on one of the walking tours that you didn't see on carriage tour.

montreal
Level Contributor
522 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

thanks again

10. Re: Harbor Tours/Palmetto Carriage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, October 23, 2012