We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel - historic district

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel - historic district

Which is the cheapest hotel in the historic district? We need 2 queen/double beds. We just want somewhere clean to rest our heads at night because we will be out of the hotel most of the time. We would love to be able to walk to shopping/eats/etc. Thanks!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel - historic district

Rates vary according to demand. Compare rates on kayak.com to see which fits your budget.

I think there is a great advantage to staying in the HD, but it's more expensive than other hotels, and it's never cheap.

Edited: 11:43 am, September 26, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel - historic district

Answer: Probably Days Inn.

I am the opposite; rather stay in a better (& often cheaper) hotel that is not in historic district (e.g. West Ashley), than the cheapest hotel in the historic district. Still - read the reviews & see if really the cheapest.....

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54171-d103504-…

I would think for 2 nights, it might be OK.... But perhaps you can get a good rate on the Best Western on Meeting St. That would be my choice of inexpensive HD hotels.

Have a great time! We will be there & around Edisto this Sunday, but we do one of our usual September daytrips from Charlotte - so no hotel is needed.....

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel - historic district

Days Inn and King Charleston Best Western, both on Meeting Street, are usually the least expensive.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,214 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel - historic district

That should be the Best Western King Charles Inn.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel - historic district

Cheap is a very subjective term. I would check out Hotwire for your dates. Put in two adults/2children and the rooms are guaranteed to sleep four, not like Priceline which only guarantees a room to sleep two people.

D in Muskoka

6. Re: Hotel - historic district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, September 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel - historic district

Have a look at this:

not HD but a great find - free parking

tripadvisor.co.uk/…43891418

8. Re: Hotel - historic district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 14, 2013