We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit - best breakfast and dinner?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
First visit - best breakfast and dinner?

We will be visiting Charleston very soon, and I would love some recommendations for the best place for a great southern breakfast and seafood restaurants for dinner (where locals would go)!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First visit - best breakfast and dinner?

lisa10002 you are so right about Dave's. It's the real deal.

I'm no snob, but, with world-class restaurant choices in Charleston, I just don't go where people are hawking on the street. The good places don't have to do that.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First visit - best breakfast and dinner?

Hominy Grill is awesome for breakfast but almost ALWAYS packed. Love Dixie Supply.

For dinner Poogan's Porch is on the list (really neat atmosphere and a little less expensive than some others). Love High Cotton for a real Charleston atmosphere and great food as well as Magnolia's.

You could also try Bowen's Island near Folly Beach for a real lowcountry fish fry type atmosphere.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First visit - best breakfast and dinner?

Breakfast - Hominy Grill

Lunch - Hymans or Cru Cafe

Dinner - McGrady's

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First visit - best breakfast and dinner?

I agree!

15. Re: First visit - best breakfast and dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 05, 2013