We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in charleston

Canton, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in charleston

Hi everyone! My fi and I are getting married September 15th this year. I got a promotion at work about 3 months ago and was told no vacation time for 9 months. Well.... They changed their minds and now I can go. Lol. So we originally planned to go to Jamaica but due to so little time to plan we decided to stay in the states. Neither of us have ever been to charleston but have heard its wonderful! We have been cruising this board and are so excited! But we need some help. We want to stay in the hustle and bustle of things.we want to go from the 17 th to the 25th. We plan to drive down from Ohio (fi loves to drive I'd prefer to fly). We want to spend no more than 250 a night on hotel including parking.

We need suggestions on hotels, must see things to do, the best places to eat, and any really romantic things to sneak on while we are there!

Thanks so much!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in charleston

How nice.

I plugged your dates into kayak.com and found the Market Pavilion for $229. It's a newer hotel with a great rooftop bar.

If you've cruised the boards you know what we usually recommend. Look at the top questions on the right side of this page for more information. You'll likely want to take a tour, either walking or carriage ride. For something really romantic, book a private evening carriage tour. Be sure and tell them it's your honeymoon. For that matter, tell everyone.

There are many good restaurants. Tell us what you like, and we can help you narrow it down.

Best wishes.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,917 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in charleston

Another great activity is a sunset sail on the Schooner Pride. For that price you should be able to get one of the nicer hotels, since after Labor Day is no longer peak season. There are also some great B& B's you could consider.

www.schoonerpride.com

www.historiccharleston.com

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in charleston

Look into Charleston Place--it's your honeymoon!

4. Re: Honeymoon in charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 22, 2013