We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seersucker drinks

Flemington, New...
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seersucker drinks

Went to Coast for dinner with my family and my niece ordered a drink callled a Seersucker which she told me was ,Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka made in Wadmalaw Island( their plant is there), pineapple juice and Sprite.Had a taste and it was wonderful, refreshing etc. My husband and I went back to Coast a couple of nights later and I ordered the same drink and again it was so good. The other night I thought Ok lets try one in New Jersey and see what happens. The restaurant server looked at me and had no clue what it was, told her what went into making the drink, they tried but it was terrible. Switched to gin and tonic, then the bartender came over with another version, again so bad. So my question is, could there be several versions depending on the part of the country you are in? Longing for the Coast version for sure.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seersucker drinks

You need to get the bartender at Coast to give you the proportions. That's the only way to replicate it.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,641 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seersucker drinks

You may have come across a Coast specialty drink, I looked through Firefly's recipes and there's not even anything listed w/pineapple juice.

Are you sure your bar in NJ had the Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka...I know it's shipped around, but it's still not everywhere.

Did you purchase a bottle so you can make your own??? Here's their website, shows where you can purchase, recipes, everything...

You should have visited the distillery for a tasting while you were in town (the processing is not actually done there, but it is their "home")!!! It's a fun time.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seersucker drinks

A couple of other "tea vodkas" have popped up since Firefly, but from what I've heard, they are not as good. so, maybe it's the proportions... maybe it's the vodka brand... maybe both.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,130 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seersucker drinks

The other (read copy cat) brands of sweet tea vodka are nowhere NEAR as good as the original Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. Also, they make other types of Firefly sweet tea vodka too ~ such as peach tea, mint tea, etc so it is possible the original recipe had one of those rather than plain sweet tea.

Most drinks with the sweet tea are primarily the vodka, plus just a bit of the other ingredients. Most likely just a little pineapple and a splash of Sprite.

Edited: 2:21 pm, July 30, 2012
5. Re: Seersucker drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 01, 2013