We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Charleston village reenactment?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
First Charleston village reenactment?

I am trying to find more info on an area close to Charleston where the reenactment of the "first" Charleston is done. Is there any printed material out there?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Charleston village reenactment?

I believe you are referring to the old village at Charles Towne Landing, the first settlement of the Carolinas.

The village is a really interesting place to visit, but I'm not sure that they are even doing it any more.

The park is undergoing badly needed upgrades and renovations at the moment and I doubt that the old village is active.

Perhaps someone else can shed further light.

Charleston
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Charleston village reenactment?

I agree with Floski- if it is CharlesTowne Landing that you are talking about they are undergoing alot of renovations. The last time that we visited there was not a lot going on. There was only a small portion of the Animal Forrest that was open. There is a section where there used to be a settlers village, but that was all overgrown and there was no one around. You can either walk or rent a bike to get to the ship, and that is no longer in the water they are renovating that too.

I don't want this message to sound like I am not telling you to go there. We love visting Charles Towne Landing, I just think that you might want to give them some time to get further along with their renovations.