We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
637 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

Does anyone have firsthand experience with priceline.com and naming your own price? If I understand this correctly, you name your price and then get a hotel THEY choose?

If you've had experience, how close to your specs are they when choosing? i.e. - if I choose Downtown CHS (which their detail map shows approx. between Rutledge and the Port and it looks like Radcliffe to just below Trade St.) and name my price are they actually going keep me within this area if I specify? Also, if I name my price and don't like the hotel they found, do I have a last chance to opt out before actually purchasing or am I stuck with one they find? How far in advance OR on how close to trip time can one hope to get great 'name your own price' deals? Is there a better chance doing in advance, or closer? (I was toying around with the first week of May).

Would love to get feedback from those who have used this feature. This seems like a great way to get a great deal which could be well below other options. Then again, it seems too good to be true.

Falls Church...
1 post
Save Reply
81. Re: Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

I just had a TERRIBLE experience with Priceline. I have used Name your own price and had never had this problem before. But I booked 2 rooms in a hotel in NY ,Affinia Manhatan. The contract said that upon avaiability of the hotel I could request double, queen or kingsize beds. I called the hotel to check if they had avaiability for double beds and they DID on the dates I needed it, but said that Priceline books PETITE rooms that can only have a queen size bed. (they book the cheapest and worst rooms in the hotel and do not say that on the contract). Anyway, they cannot cancel my transaction, change or help me in anyway to change my reservation. USELESS. I now have guests coming from overseas and not enough beds in the room. The hotel tells me that I need to pay and extra $270 per room for an upgrade to double beds. So be AWARE of priceline booking policies and it is not always a good deal. I ended up having to spend much more money to fix the mistake. I already tried to ask for help but they will not change a thing. BAD BAD BAD DEAL.

uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with all the other negative comments regarding Priceline. We have been travelling for six months now and have used Priceline on many occasions. We have experienced everything that many others have complained about: you get the worst room in the hotel, often by the lift and vending machines, you are not able to specify what beds you would like and hidden charges for parking etc are not disclosed. Weighing everything up, we still thought it was worth taking a chance to help save on costs. However, the final straw was when we booked a hotel in Barcelona on name your own price. I bid $90 (plus tax, making a total of $107.86).

I then discovered the hotel we had been given only charged $73 (tax inc) for the same room !!

I contacted priceline and asked if they would be prepared to refund the difference but they aren't.

This makes me feel that name your own price is a complete scam! The whole point is to hopefully get a hotel at less than the published price as you are taking a chance on not knowing which hotel you will get. Priceline advertise that you can make savings of up to 60% on the published price with name your own price and I ended up paying 45% more! Goodness knows how many other times this has happened as we don't normally have reason to check.

I am not prepared to pay more than the going rate for a, normally substandard, room. For this reason I will not be using priceline again and would suggest that others use caution if using name your own price which clearly does not do what it claims to do.

Syracuse, Utah
1 post
Save Reply
83. Re: Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

I will never, ever, EVER use priceline.com again. I was booking a flight, and they gave me a pop up saying they were offering a special for flight and rental car. It was a decent deal, so I took it. HOWEVER... When I had issues w/ my flight getting canceled in the middle of my travel, and needed to change the pick up location of my rental car because I had to DRIVE to my final destination, priceline wouldn't assist me. They said that it was a restricted reservation because I "named my price", which I didn't. I simply clicked on the pop up advertisement they offered, and in the long run, got completely screwed. I will never use priceline again. I'd rather pay the extra couple hundred bucks and purchase direct, and save myself the headache (and the tears of stress!!)

m s
Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
84. Re: Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

I had a very bad experience with Priceline.com and I am not going to use this website again.

I was travelling to Europe for three weeks and I rented a car through Priceline.com from the Berlin airport about 3 months in advance. At the time I made my purchase, their price was about 2 Dollars per day cheaper than other website and I would save almost 50 Dollars by booking with them and so I went ahead and did so. When I went to pick up my car, I was told by the car rental company that the car I booked (economy) is not available and I was instead offered a similar car (compact) at 20 dollars per day more expensive. This now meant that I had to pay more than 400 Dollars extra.

I called Priceline and explained what was going on and I was told that they were not responsible for guaranteeing the availability of the vehicles and when I asked them why do they ask for my credit card information to confirm my reservation, the customer service agent told me that he can proceed and cancel my reservation without charging may card!!

Long story short, I not only had a very bad start of my trip, but also ended up paying 380 Dollars more than what I would have normally paid had I used a different website to arrange my car rental.

All I can say is that Priceline.com is not conducting business honestly. What is the point of quoting a price to the customer and then confirming his reservation after getting his credit card details when you simply won't accept any responsibility and won't guarantee the reservation. How is that even reservation. To me it sounds more like a trap. They simply quote you a cheap price and if you are lucky and get it, they earn their commission and if you don't get it, you are the one who is screwed and Priceline will not accept any responsibility.... and who knows, maybe they still get paid..

I would say stay away...

85. Re: Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, May 21, 2016
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

Priceline is not that great! They guarantee their rates to be the cheapest BUT omly if you book with them and then you find a lower rate on the exact same hotel or car rental company. They will NOT match or beat competitor's rates!!!

Quebec City, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
87. Re: Experience with Priceline 'Name your own Price'?

I had an eye opening but terrible experience with priceline. You might feel lucky by looking at the percentage of savings through "name your own price" or "Express deals". But there is too much of luck factor for you having a plesant trip. I booked 6 different hotels at different locations for my Canada trip.

Before starting the trip I called up all the hotels to make sure that I have right kind of bed available in the room. Two of the hotels were booked with Twin bed for 2 adults and 1 kid. What a JOKE!!!! Hotel says it's priceline and when contacted priceline customer care they said it's upto the Hotel what kind of bed they provide. So, just before starting my trip they spoiled my mood and wasted lot of time and finally didn't change. I had opted for trip protection for those hotels. When I tried to cancel the bookings, they straight forward refused to do it. Here is the the interesting transcript from priceline rep (Dinah):

------------------------------------------

Gaurav Raj: pretty much what you are saying that irrespectinve of anyone opts for travel insurance or not, priceline never gives them option to either change or cancel their reservations?

Dinah: Yes, we have a contractual agreement with our travel partners that once the request is confirmed it cannot be changed or cancelled. We have already called the hotel and verified that the reservation remains non refundable no matter what the situation is. Your only option is to contact the travel insurance provider directly.

---------------------------------------------------------

I am never going to use priceline again. They are rude and never honor their own words.