We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Historic Home to Tour

Virginia
Level Contributor
678 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best Historic Home to Tour

We're going to be in Charleston with friends for just a few days this week. We're having Thanksgiving dinner at the Peninsula Grill. We will have Tuesday & Wednesday to enjoy Charleston. We probably only have time to tour one of the beautiful historic homes. Which home would the local experts recommend? Thanks for your advice.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Historic Home to Tour

I have not been in all of them (I know, shame on me!) but I like this one.

www.middletonplace.org/content.asp…

The EA house is right on the Battery with beautiful interiors and piazzas.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Historic Home to Tour

The Edmonston Alston House or the Nathaniel Russell House are my top two downtown. Both are very nice and are filled local history and are very well presented with family pieces.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Historic Home to Tour

The Edmonston Alston House may be decorated for Christmas while you are here. The house will be the setting for a special evening event, "Christmas 1860 by Candlelight", on Dec. 3 - middletonplace.org/content.asp…

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,188 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Historic Home to Tour

I, too, agree, EA may be your best bet for such a short visit...

Make sure you have Coconut Cake for dessert at PG, if you can't squeeze it in, get a piece to go, it's a wonderful treat!!!

Enjoy your holiday!

5. Re: Best Historic Home to Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 21, 2011