We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Shopping in Charleston???

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
va
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best Shopping in Charleston???

Appreciate all responses.. particularly interested in 'different' items... things unique to Charleston or not readily available 'everywhere else'

thanks!!

hartsville, sc
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Shopping in Charleston???

King Street downtown Charleston

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Shopping in Charleston???

The market in the historic district.

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Shopping in Charleston???

King Street will have higher-end stores, with some boutiques thrown in. The Market has a wide array of vendors, very unique and 'different.' Why not go to both? They are so close, you could cover both in half a day.

Columbia,SC
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Shopping in Charleston???

And check out 'Indigo' off of Vendue Range. It's right beside Harbour View Inn and near Waterfront Park. Indigo has some really cool stuff and usually has items from local artists. They sell jewlery to decorated door knockers, from lamps to purses. And they have a neat selection of greeting cards. I'm not really sure the things are uniqe to Charleston, but you are not going to find a lot of their things everywhere else. Have fun shopping.

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Shopping in Charleston???

You are right about Indigo. I bought a really nice beaded bracelet there the last time I visited. If I remember correctly, it is down a side street, not on a main street. But I will definitely go back. It is a relatively large-sized store, and is very eclectic, all sorts of weird and unusual items. And beautiful jewelry.

va
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Shopping in Charleston???

Thanks for all the great tips - can't wait to visit Indigo!