We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach recommendation needed

Bellevue. WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Beach recommendation needed

I will have one day on my Charleston trip to go to the beach. Which is the best? Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach recommendation needed

Each beach is different. Folly is the closest to downtown and is very popular with the teenage/college crowd. Isle of Palms and Kiawah are both away from town and have beautiful beaches. They are usually less crowded but have less access to restaurants and shopping than Folly.

My favorite is IOP. I was there on Monday and it was wonderful!

Bellevue. WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach recommendation needed

Thanks! I'll head to Isle of Palms!

olde english...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach recommendation needed

We enjoyed Folly Beach and went early on a Sunday AM and it was not crowded at all. We heard from another college aged woman that Sullivan's Island beach was her favorite because it was not as far as Folly Beach. She added that Folly beach tends to be a college kid hangout when school is in session. We found plenty of families enjoying the beach and had a nice time. The sand is like walking on flour, very soft.

4. Re: Beach recommendation needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 04, 2009