We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
299 posts
67 reviews
Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?

We will be in Charleston for Memorial Day weekend, and are doing the 6:45pm sunset cruise with Adventure Harbor Tours. It's supposed to get done around 8:15 (90 minute cruise), and we were wondering what restaurant options we might have after the cruise? A lot of the places we've looked at close at 9pm on Sundays if they're open at all (Magnolia's, FIG) but we're hoping to find someplace for a late dinner and drinks in the French Quarter/Downtown area where we're staying, since we don't have to get up early on Monday.

If it helps, other places we're planning on eating during the weekend are Poogan's Porch, Hyman's Seafood, Tattooed Moose and 82 Queen.

6 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,265 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?

I'd skip Hyman's ~ frozen imported seafood.

Tattooed Moose serves until 1am and it is already on your list. The Rarebit is also open late. Closed for Business is open until midnight on Sunday.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
299 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?

Thanks for the tip on Hyman's. A neighbor had recommended it to us, but maybe we'll try the Charleston Crab House instead to get my husband's fried seafood fix taken care of!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,265 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?

You can get fried seafood at Hank's, at Sullivan's out on Sullivan's Island, at Bowens Island.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?

Not the swankiest of places but TBonz on the Market is open late and has a great bar, plenty of draft beer options and very reasonable. It would, in my opinion, certainly be a step abovec Hyman's. They serve full menu until 10:00 PM and their limited bar menu from 10:00 - 11:00 or 12. I can't quite recall. As was mentioned, avoid Hyman's as it truly is one of the few tourist "traps" in the HD.

Charleston
Level Contributor
601 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?

Coast is open until 10 on Sundays; I haven't been in awhile but loved the fish tacos there and a cool atmosphere, they have an entire fried seafood section. Next door is Rue de Jean, a French restaurant (get the mussels) that serves until 11. I just saw that Craftsman Taproom serves food until 1 AM, never been there for food looks like typical pub fare.

If you are open to driving for Tattooed Moose, Hometeam BBQ is in the same area and serves until 1AM everyday (although late night menu is smaller).

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?

I completely forgot about Craftsman. That is a great spot with a late-night menu and believe me when I say, it is way past "pub fare". They have some amazing small plates, one of the greatest selections of Craft Beer in Charleston and a great location. Don't be fooled by the little bar in the front, go all the way through and it opens up to a great area with an outdoor coutryard.

Reply to: Restaurants Open Late on Sundays?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted