We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Hotel

CT
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Hotel

I will be in Charlestown attending a conference in April. We are staying at the Marriott Riverview. The hotel states they have shuttle into the historic district. Would anyone who has used their suttle comment on the good or bads. I don't want to rent a car and it looks like quite a walk to the downtown area. I want to do the graveyard tour one night, is it easy to grab a cab? Also, will the pedi cabs go that far out of downtown.

Thanks for the assist!

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
788 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Hotel

I don't have personal experience about their shuttle, but you are right that it is too far to walk. I have seen the pedi cabs go that far before. As far as gettin' a cab goes, just have someone at the hotel give you the number and you can call a cab about. Typically the wait isn't longer than 15 minutes or so. Actually the number for Yellow Cab of Charleston is (843)577-6565, I know that one by heart. If you prefer the Black Cab's, as recently seen on a food network show about Charleston, just google them or have the front desk at the hotel give you the number.

Have fun at your conference and enjoy the city. The ghost and graveyard tour done by Bulldog tours is very good by the way.

2. Re: Transportation from Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 28, 2009