We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you need help...

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
If you need help...

If you need help about the Camden area, I am here to help! Any questions you have about the Carolina Cup or anything just let me know!

hartsville, sc
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: If you need help...

Hey- I have been hearing a lot about Indigo Jones. We would like to try it. Any thoughts?

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you need help...

I went to Indigo Jones a few months ago and the setting is nice. We went about 5:30 on a Friday night and there was only about 5 people in there. Me and DH both had the steak; we do not like seafood and are both pretty picky eaters. The steak was good but I thought it was overpriced and had a lot of fat on it. I hear the seafood is better. The service was great; no problems there. Overall I wouldn't venture out just to try it for a special occasion but if you're in the area I would give it a try.

Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you need help...

We are living and working temperarily in Columbia SC and would like to attend a Carolina Cup or Colonial Cup, whats the difference? I know the Carolina Cup is in March 2010 and the next Colonial Cup is November 21?

Roanoke, VA
Level Contributor
38 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you need help...

I have a group that will be in Camden in April 2010 and will be looking for a nice restaurant that can handle about 35-40 people. Probably something that serves steaks, seafood and pasta would be great. Any recommendations? We would prefer to stay as close to Camden as possible and not have to travel all the way back to I-77/Columbia. Thanks in advance for any help!

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you need help...

Camden does not have many restaurants. Fatz Cafe is a chain but would fit with your needs. It is right off the Camden exit off of I-20. Then you also have Chilis, and the Old Armory Stakehouse. Both of these choices would be hard to fit that many people. Is this for the Cup? The Cup is a very busy time and finding a place to eat during that day is a challenge. Old Armory is a great place to eat and they do take reservations. Maybe you can call them and see what they can do and send you a menu.

To answer the other poster from way back when, both the Carolina Cup and Colonial Cup are pretty similiar. I find that the Carolina Cup is more of a party scene. Lots of colleges from around the state come and party. The Colonial Cup, IMO, is for more of an older crowd that actually watches the races! The Carolina Cup draws a much larger crowd, mostly due to the time of year. Being outside in November isn't too appealling.

Please message me as I am usually on the Las Vegas board and do not check this very often. Let me know if you have any other questions. HTH!

6. Re: If you need help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Camden