We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch near Pickpocket Plantation

Which Beaufort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch near Pickpocket Plantation

Several women from Hilton Head are touring the Pickpocket Plantation the end of April and want to have lunch nearby. There will likely be about 35-40 of us.

Any suggestions for a restaurant that's a short distance from the plantation and one that will take advance reservations.

Thanks,

Joanne

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch near Pickpocket Plantation

Hi Bearsfan,

What type of cuisine are you looking for and what is a comfortable amount to spend per person?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch near Pickpocket Plantation

There's a many a fast food joint in that area W of Beaufort. I would go downtown near the water and have lunch at Plum's. Enjoy your trip.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch near Pickpocket Plantation

Most of the ladies like salads and wraps or a fish plate- nothing really fancy, but not fast food. We have a monthly "lunch bunch" on the island and the average lunch fare is about $10.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch near Pickpocket Plantation

Depending on the day or the weekend, that may be a tough sell in some of the restaurants downtown as April is kind of busy. Definitely see about calling ahead... while I'm not sure if these places would normally take advanced reservations, I do think they would be willing to make accommodations for a larger group.

My first suggestion would be to call Southern Graces at the Beaufort Inn to see if they could do something for you... they have great fare and may be able to set you guys in the outdoor courtyard adjacent to the Inn.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54135-d21…

Another thought would be Bricks on Boundary, though the food may be perhaps a bit on the heavy side. They do have good salads as well.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54135-d41…

Lastly, I would suggest Magnolia's Bakery & Cafe:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54135-d11…

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch near Pickpocket Plantation

Thanks for the tips- I will check them out. We are going on Thursday, 4/24.

6. Re: Lunch near Pickpocket Plantation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:43 pm, June 18, 2013